PREMIUM ZEOLITE MEDIUM GRADE 3-6MM
Zeolite is an organic mineral additive that attracts and retains fertilisers and releases them when the plant needs it, preventing soil nutrient leaching. Suitable for virtually all plants. Especially popular for growing Bonsai and Roses.
An open mix with high air porosity and good drainage is important to stimulate root growth and prevent many root diseases but it also leads to rapid leaching of nutrients away from the root zones of plants. Zeolite prevents this by attracting and holding the nutrients preventing them from washing through the container.
The typical approach to growing crops has been to apply high rates of fertiliser to overcome the losses due to leaching. This is both expensive and inefficient as well as environmentally damaging in terms of high nutrient runoff.
Zeolite works as a fertiliser battery, charging when free nutrients are available, holding them from leaching and releasing them to plant demand as required. Zeolite is not affected by temperature and buffers the dumping of nutrients by coated fertilisers under hot conditions holding them for use by the plant instead of driving your dams’ E.C. through the roof!
- Captures nutrients lost when coated fertilisers dump in tropical conditions
- Attracts and retains nutrients for use by plants.
- Reduces nutrient loss through leaching.
- Slowly releases nutrients as plants want them.
- Improves cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Buffers Ammonium in mixes.
- Improves the quality of runoff water.
- Improves the value of fertiliser.
- Assists water infiltration.
- Strong capillary distributor.
- Improves plant performance.
- Does not break down in the mix.